7 E. Silver Springs Blvd., Suite 300, Ocala, FL 34470 | 3259 W. Bryant Ave., Bell, FL 32619

FAQs: Car Accident Law


Vehicle Accident Law is one the areas of focus for the Law Office of Daniel L. Hightower, P.A., Attorney. Below are a few of our frequently asked questions regarding Car, Auto & Vehicle Accident Law.

Car Accident Questions

If I am in an automobile accident, what should I do?

Florida law requires that you remain at the scene of an accident until the police arrives to help in the preparation of an accident report. Report the accident to your insurance company as soon as you get home from the scene, or as soon as possible. In order to prove your case, you have the burden of presenting evidence to establish your claim, therefore, preservation of evidence is crucial. Such evidence may consist of documentation of the physical evidence at the accident site, of the vehicles involved in the accident and of your medical injuries. You may not know the legal requirements necessary to prove your case and therefore, we recommend that you contact an attorney immediately to be advised of your legal rights.

Who will pay to fix the damage to my vehicle?

That depends on what type of insurance coverage you have or the insurance coverage of the person that caused the accident. Call the other driver’s insurance company and request that your car be fixed. Only discuss property damage issues with them. Do not give any statements or discuss how the accident happened or your injuries. Check your policy to see whether you have rental car coverage, towing and what deductibles apply. It may be in your best interest to retain the services of a lawyer with experience in handling auto accident claims as they are familiar with the terms of different insurance policies and regularly negotiate the resolution of property damage claims with many different insurance companies.

The insurance company wants to take my recorded statement. What is that?

We do not recommend that you give a recorded statement to anyone, other than your own insurance carrier. Many insurance policies require the insured (you) to “cooperate” with their investigation of the accident. This recording can and will be used as evidence against you if you pursue a claim regarding your accident, therefore, we would advise you obtain legal counsel before giving any such statement.

“Our mission is to represent deserving clients and recover the maximum benefits they are entitled to by law in a timely manner.”

If you are in need of an Accident Attorney in Ocala, Florida, please contact Daniel L. Hightower today at 352-629-7777.