7 E. Silver Springs Blvd., Suite 300, Ocala, FL 34470 | 3259 W. Bryant Ave., Bell, FL 32619

Who will pay my medical bills and lost wages?

There may be many sources from which to get your medical bills paid and, depending on the types of insurance, they each take different priority. For instance, in Florida, you are required to carry personal injury protection (PIP) insurance. This is generally in the amount of $10,000 and may have different deductible amounts. This money is available to pay for medical bills and/or lost wages. However, unless you instruct your insurance carrier to reserve your PIP for your lost wages, they will pay it to the first medical bills they receive. There may also be other insurance available to pay for your medical bills including medical payments coverage, health insurance, Medicare, Medicaid or disability insurance. If you are in an automobile accident, you should contact an experienced personal injury lawyer to discuss how the relevant state laws and policies of insurance apply to recover damages for your injuries.

For more information, please visit our FAQ.

Related Posts